Sketch Journal

In 2011 I started a journal. While there are many things in there that I will not share with the entire world, there are some things that I feel have value and would be appreciated by people who would be receptive to my interests in spirituality, art and science.


That was my most recent entry.
Here are some things from the past year:
I drank a large cappuccino at Mary's Hippie Gypsy Cafe in Berkeley. It was very good, and it super charged my brain and I'm thinking about how everything is connected. It's all One. The chemist in a lab makes the paint that the artist uses to express it's consciousness, and from consciousness everything is revealed like a thousand petaled lotus..It just keeps unfolding into eternity. Minds in the world connecting from messages on TV, newspaper, friends, coworkers, etc. Cosmic Consciousness is infinite and ever expanding, one big bang always leading to another in a reoccurring never ending cycle. That was what was on my mind when I drew this graphic design of the word espresso, purposefully misspelling it for a visual effect.
This one is a comic of a scene out of Indiana Jones III, The Last Crusade. Indy has to take the leap of faith to get to the holy grail, so he can save his father's life with the holy water. In life there will be many moments when we must take the leap of faith. Whatever the situation may be, it usually is something that scares the hell out of you, and you just have to follow your heart and accept whatever happens.
Last year someone special to me told me her interpretation of what inner peace is. It resonated with me and I drew this graphic design to symbolize the shaman; a person with hands wide open facing the world in all it's awe and pain. Not running from it; not grasping for more of it; just being right there with it, watching it, participating with it fully.

Here is something form 2011. I was going through something emotionally here. Drawing a comic about it is a way for me to make light of it.





In this next comic I am exploring what it means to have intention, not just in art, but in every action we take in our lives. If we have the intention, we can be sculptors creating the life we want, instead of leaving everything up to chance and accepting whatever happens as our fate.
Skipping back up to a more recent entry, here is another discovery about meditation.

Comments

Popular Posts