January 11, 2020

Happy New Year! It’s the year of the rat so I made an origami rat designed by Eric Joisel.

I know last year I said I was going to stop origami, but I find that it helps to warm up my mind for painting and drawing, and I really enjoy the process. The feel and sound of the paper folding is very AMSR. (Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response). I also created some Christmas Origami 
I love folding origami because it s clean art.  Painting and just about any other medium requires s designated space because it makes a mess. Origami is just paper folding without tape glue or cutting. 

Since the last post I have no new paintings to share, because the one I’ve been working on for the last 6 months is still a work in progress. I don’t want to put it on the web until it’s finished and I only want to share finished work. Okay I’ll tell you a little bit about the project. It’s a group portrait acrylic on 12x36 canvas. There are 15 people, friends from a Christmas party, and I’m using a photo reference. 
This week I started a new group portrait of 4 people on 12x36 canvas. I this size because I have an easier time working in details. I’m also painting a Hello Kitty®️ Phone case as fan art for my girlfriend, not for sale. I have 4 paintings up at the Walnut Creek library  located at  2661 Oak Grove Rd. My paintings are now part of a rotating gallery with the Concord Art Association.
Im excited about my art this year. I know what I need to work on and I feel that as long as I keep working like a body builder at the gym builds muscles I can build my art up to a higher standard of quality. My goal for 2020 is to complete some polished paintings with depth, rich colors, and high definition of details.
I also intend to take on a few origami challenges. Mariano Zavala has a 2 part video tutorial on YouTube for making a Divine Boar designed by Satoshi Kamiya. Mariano also has an Ancient Dragon tutorial designed by Satoshi too. When I finished these complex origami models, I might encase them in an epoxy resin to preserve my work.  

Comments

Popular Posts